- [ and ] control counterclockwise and clockwise movement for the first paddle.
- Z and X control counterclockwise and clockwise movement for the second paddle.
- the Escape key will reset the current game, or disconnect you from the game server.
- Winning a Game: You have just scored a goal. You have more than 3600 points. You win.
- Goals: You are blue, and blue covers 110 degrees of the track. The ball is blue, and you've bounced it 4 times in a row.
The ball passes over the green line. You earn 440 points for the goal.
- Combo Bounces: You have bounced the ball. You earn 100 points.
- Lost Combo: You are blue. You have bounced the ball 3 times in a row, which earned you 300 points.
The ball is blue, and it crosses the blue line. You lose the 300 points, and earn 3 instead.
- Your paddle gets more massive with every bounce. You can smash other paddles out of your way, but it takes longer to change your speed.
- Your paddle's mass and speed affect the direction of a ball's bounce.
- Your paddle will become slightly smaller every time you score a goal.
- For the multiplayer network game, download and run Loopback.jar.
- One of your group should start a server. All of you should connect to the server's IP address.
- You may need to forward ports 12701 and 12702 (TCP and UDP) to the machines running Loopback.
- To run the server by itself, use the command java -cp Loopback.jar loopback.view.ServerInterface
- To run the server from the command line, use the command java -cp Loopback.jar loopback.view.HeadlessServer
Feel free to use, abuse, and adapt this applet, just don't pretend that you wrote it.